Columbus Middle School
Library Media Specialist: Mrs. Stephanie Montgomery
Library Assistant: Mrs. Sharon Edwards
Library Hours: 7:30-3:30
LIBRARY/MEDIA CENTER POLICIES
- Books may be checked out for a two-week period; they may be renewed for an additional two-week period. Students are allowed to check out 2 books at a time.
- The fine for an overdue book is five cents per school day per book up to $5.00 per book. The fine accrues until the book is returned. The student is not clear in the library until the book is returned and the fine paid. A refund for a lost book that has been paid for will be made only if the book is found and returned during that school year.
- If a book is lost or damaged, the student must pay for the lost or damaged book in order to retain library privileges. The student is responsible for all books or fines.
- Eating, drinking, and gum chewing are not permitted in the library.
- ASK for help in locating books and other information. Your library staff is here to help you!
Reference Books are not available for check out. They must be used in the library. Photocopying necessary pages is suggested.
We have lots of great fiction and nonfiction books! Our computer lab houses 24 computers. You are welcome to print school assignments.