Columbus Middle School
Library Media Specialist: Ms. Anna Proctor
Library Hours: 8:15-3:30
· Books may be checked out for a two-week period, and they may be renewed for an additional two-week period. Students are allowed to check out 2 books at a time.
· The fine for an overdue book is five cents per book per school day up to $5.00 per book. The fine accrues until the book is returned or replaced. The student is not clear in the library until the book is returned and the fine paid. A refund for a lost book that has been paid for will be made only if the book is found and returned with the receipt during that school year. Any items checked out at the time a student withdraws from school must be returned or paid for upon withdrawal.
· If a book is lost or damaged, the student must pay for the lost or damaged book in order to retain library privileges. The student is responsible for all books or fines, and the student will not receive his/her end of the year report card until clear of all fines from the library.
· Eating, drinking, and gum chewing are not permitted in the library at any time.
· The CMS library continues to update the library with great fiction and nonfiction books! ASK for help in locating books and other information.
· Reference Books are not available for check out. They must be used in the library. Photocopying necessary pages is suggested and encouraged.
MEDIA CENTER POLICIES
· Our computer lab can be used by students and faculty. The media center houses 20 computers and 20 iPads. Students are welcome to print school assignments, just ask the librarian for assistance.
· Guardians, students, and teachers can use the below Destiny Quest link to search available CMS book titles, view A.R. information for specific books, view resource lists, and stay up to date on new arrivals so you can be the first in line to check it out!